Here is the quick wrap-up of the news stories that grabbed the spotlight in the cricketing world.
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the world of cricket today.
1. David Warner picks triple century against Pakistan in Adelaide as ‘very special moment’ of his career
Australian batting dynamite David Warner has stated that the triple hundred that he scored against Pakistan at Adelaide is a special moment in his career. Warner added that the triple ton was one of the most patient innings of his life.
2. Reports: IPL 2021 to resume with the blockbuster clash between Chennai Super Kings and Mumbai Indians
The second half of the 14th edition of the IPL will kick off with a faceoff between Chennai Super Kings and Mumbai Indians.
3. ‘I’m looking to make my place stronger for T20 World Cup’ – Shikhar Dhawan ahead of India’s T20I series against Sri Lanka
Shikhar Dhawan has stated in clear terms that he wants to perform well in the T20I series against Sri Lanka and seal a spot in the Indian batting lineup for the 2021 T20 World Cup.
4. ‘Can’t become Sehwag or Viv Richards just by playing like them’ – Salman Butt wants Prithvi Shaw to score consistently
Salman Butt feels that Prithvi Shaw needs to show consistency in his batting if his name has to be taken in the same breath of Vivian Richards and Virender Sehwag.
5. Sri Lanka vs India: Aakash Chopra names India’s XI for first T20I, leaves out Ishan Kishan, Rahul Chahar
Former Indian batsman Aakash Chopra has left out the likes of Ishan Kishan, Rahul Chahar, and Manish Pandey from his Indian playing XI for the first T20I against Sri Lanka.
6. Can’t think of Chetan Sakariya as a T20 WC option after just one good performance: Aakash Chopra
Aakash Chopra reckons that Chetan Sakariya cannot be drafted into the Indian squad for the T20 World Cup based on just one good outing with the ball.
7. Our overall growth is fantastic but we need batting depth: Sri Lanka Head Coach Mickey Arthur
Sri Lankan Head Coach Mickey Arthur feels that the Sri Lankan side needs more depth in its batting department.
8. ‘If I was captain, I would have him in any team in the world’ – Muttiah Muralitharan backs under-fire Hardik Pandya
Sri Lankan cricketing colossus Muttiah Muralitharan has termed Hardik Pandya as a special player and has added that Pandya is a cricketer who can be picked in any cricket team in the world.
Follow CricTracker for all the latest cricket news from around the world