Here is the quick wrap-up of the news that hogged the limelight in the cricketing world.
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the world of cricket today.
1. Thilan Samaraweera appointed New Zealand’s batting coach ahead of Bangladesh and Pakistan tours
Former Sri Lankan cricketer Thilan Samaraweera has been appointed as the batting coach of the New Zealand cricket team ahead of their Asian sojourn against Bangladesh and Pakistan.
2. ENG vs IND: VVS Laxman suggests one change for India in 2nd Test
Batting legend VVS Laxman feels that Ravichandran Ashwin should replace Shardul Thakur in the Indian playing XI for the second Test between England and India.
3. ‘No rain forecast for next game’ – Michael Vaughan gives weather update for Lord’s Test
Former England skipper Michael Vaughan has stated that no rain is forecast for the second Test match between England and India and people can expect a ‘full’ Test match.
4. England-India series will be fun if both Root and Kohli start scoring: Salman Butt
Former Pakistan willow wielder Salman Butt has stated that Virat Kohli and Joe Root are two of the best batsmen in world cricket, and the Test series between England and India will be more fun if both of them start scoring runs.
5. There is no reason why India can’t win the Test series against England handsomely: Michael Holding
West Indies cricketing great Michael Holding reckons that India has a well-balanced side and will win the five-match Test series against England.
6. ‘BCCI is currently ruling cricket’ – Salman Butt on eight NZ players opting for IPL instead of Pakistan tour
Salman Butt reckons that the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is ruling world cricket and also wields a lot of power.
7. Brendon McCullum offers support to gravely ill Chris Cairns and his family
New Zealand cricketing legend Brendon McCullum has extended his support to Chris Cairns, who is admitted to a hospital in Australia with a heart problem.
8. James Anderson doubtful for Lord’s Test; England call up Saqib Mahmood as cover
England pace bowling legend James Anderson is a doubtful starter for the second Test match against India after suffering a thigh injury.
Follow CricTracker for all the latest cricket news from around the world