Here is the quick wrap-up of the events that grabbed the spotlight in the world of cricket today.
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the world for cricket today.
1. ‘They’re probably the most potent’ – England batting coach Marcus Trescothick on India’s bowling attack
Marcus Trescothick feels that the Indian bowling attack has got all the bases covered and is an extremely potent bowling attack.
2. We are not looking forward to the T20 World Cup encounter against India, that’s still far away: Hasan Ali
Pakistan pacer Hasan Ali has stated in clear terms that the Pakistan side is not focusing on the blockbuster clash against India in the 2021 T20 World Cup.
3. Reports: Krunal Pandya recovers from COVID-19, returns home from Sri Lanka
Indian cricketer Krunal Pandya has recovered from Covid-19 and has returned back to India.
4. The mistakes that India made in the WTC final have been rectified: VVS Laxman
Indian cricketing legend VVS Laxman has stated that the mistakes that the Indian side made during the World Test Championship (WTC) Final have been rectified now.
5. I agree with Rahul Dravid, India has a very good chance of winning in England: Dilip Vengsarkar
Dilip Vengsarkar believes that the Indian side has a good chance of winning the Test series against England as they have quality bowlers in their arsenal.
6. ‘India could beat themselves by not picking the right side’ – Steve Harmison on Ravi Ashwin’s omission
Former England fast bowler Steve Harmison has opined that he is very surprised by the exclusion of Ravichandran Ashwin from the Indian playing XI for the first Test against England.
7. ‘I was treating a foreign tour like an engineering exam’ – Virat Kohli reveals how his mindset changed after the 2014 England series
Indian batting legend Virat Kohli has stated that he used to treat every foreign tour like an engineering exam till the 2014 Test series against England. Kohli also opened up on how his mindset changed after that.
8. ‘Hopefully I can replicate my performances from 2018’ – Sam Curran confident of performing well against India
England cricketer Sam Curran is confident of performing well against the Indian side in the five-match Test series between Joe Root’s men and Virat Kohli’s men.
Follow CricTracker for all the latest cricket news from around the world