Here is a rapid summary of the events that grabbed the spotlight in the cricketing world.
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the world of cricket today.
1. Prithvi Shaw could struggle in England given that his footwork is not good: Salman Butt
Pakistan cricketer Salman Butt feels that Prithvi Shaw might find it tough when he takes guard in England because his footwork is not that good.
2. ‘They have enough experience after playing IPL’ – Aakash Chopra opens up on India’s batting options in SKY and Shaw’s absence
Aakash Chopra feels that if Suryakumar Yadav and Prithvi Shaw are not available for the remaining T20Is against Sri Lanka, then the likes of Devdutt Padikkal, Ruturaj Gaikwad, and Nitish Rana can be tried out.
3. ‘Want to meet that genius who is organizing tours of Zimbabwe’ – Wasim Akram on Pakistan’s dismal outings on the trot
Pakistan bowling great Wasim Akram feels that the way Pakistan’s tours are being organized is not going to benefit the side.
4. Reports: England players contemplating pulling out of Ashes if families not allowed to travel
According to reports, some England cricketers are thinking of pulling out of The Ashes series against Australia later this year if the players’ families are not allowed to travel with them.
5. SL vs IND: Krunal Pandya tests positive for COVID-19; 2nd T20I postponed to July 28
Indian cricketer Krunal Pandya has tested positive for Covid-19, and as a result, the 2nd T20I between India and Sri Lanka will be played on 28th July 2021.
6. ‘It is degrading to Pakistan cricket’ – Inzamam-ul-Haq slams PCB for agreeing to CWI’s proposal of reducing a T20I
Pakistan legend Inzamam-ul-Haq is not happy with the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) agreeing to the proposal made by the West Indies Cricket Board of reducing a T20I match between the two sides. Pakistan and West Indies will play only 4 T20Is against each other now.
7. England vs India: Brad Hogg would be ‘surprised’ if Rohit Sharma thrives in upcoming Test series
Australian cricketer Brad Hogg feels that Rohit Sharma will find it tough when he takes guard in England against James Anderson and Stuart Broad.
8. ‘I have learnt from my mistakes’ – KL Rahul ‘hopeful’ about doing the job for India against England
KL Rahul has stated that failure has made him strong and he has learnt from the mistakes that he committed in the past.
Follow CricTracker for all the latest cricket news from around the world